Thursday, November 10, 2016

An Open Letter to all the Animal Activists







Donald Trump and The Rhino Wars
It would seem that every person in the world has an opinion and a comment on Trump’s winning the election. As my interest lies more with animals than humans, I cannot say that the illegal immigrant issue moves me. What does worry me is the Trump boys and their trophy hunting. Still keeping an eye on some of the save the rhino sites I see that I am not the only one.
Alas, since I decided that Facebook pages/groups on Rhino Poaching and the majority of the members in such groups were pretty worthless.  – You can TRY and shoot me down on this statement, the comments on my blog are open, so please do.  – Yesterday was no different on the Rhino sites, well, maybe just a little more hysteria than the usual, but not much.  Posts were many; comments flew, most along this vein.
Because of the Trump’s lack of understanding or caring about basic nature conservation most people were doom and gloom prophets. Lots of uppercase and explanation marks. As usual, talk, talk, and very little else.  Mostly insulting Donald Trump and name calling, like kids. I believe that this type of action by that Hilary woman, cost her the election.
So, me with my big mouth, the ultimate armchair warrior according to some of the rhino activists, what am I doing? I have a small plan and I propose to all the other loud mouths to do the same.
Firstly if you want to be a soldier in a war, here we are in a war, the Rhino Wars, first thing you have to do to be victorious is: Know your enemy.
Trump is first and foremost a businessman; forget his personality, such as it is, for a few minutes. Using that start thinking how saving the rhino can help him in his new business; being the President of America. Think about how NOT caring for all endangered species can harm him.
Now think about his personality.  Huge ego of that there is no doubt. This is fine weapon for activists to use to help the rhino. Think of how he can boost this ego, by joining our ranks.
Once you have that as a base of you thinking process, pen a letter to the man, not an insulting one like many of you have most likely already damn sent anyhow, but one that plays on these two weaknesses the man you can only see as your enemy right now. Write a POLITE letter, for heaven sake!  Those of you that have contacts in the media, find the best “Open Letter to…” get as many signatures as you can and get it published, shared and viral.
I hope I have insulted you enough to spur you into some real action.
Please note:  I DO know that there are good people out there that are doing a lot more that I. Please excuse yourself from the above.
Wayne Bisset

aka
THE MEXICAN HORSE THIEF
You can read a few tales about my past on the link above, if you wish.


* Pay

1 comment:

  1. Mexican... You shooting with. Shotgun at the legitimacy of throphy hunting...you yourself know that when a product is not worth money it is worthless.

    Why in the first place do you you think so many "Rhino Warriors" popped up so suddenly ... If they where absent please calculate the billions that would have gone to Rhino Conservation that is now sucked up by hungry elite hosting Tea Parties to benefit whom?

    The guys sludging around the bush... Not barely making minimum wages? Fighting a real war with real blood.

    ReplyDelete