Monday, October 17, 2016

Resentment

In my one type of Strange Classroom I grow weary of this word, resentment. It is said, and it most likely true, that the number one offender causing a recovering alcoholic/Drug Addict to relapse is holding on to resentment.  The spiritual/religious people are much the same, love everyone etc. Why I grow weary of this is that I get told that I hold resentments therefore I go drinking every so often.
As I am there to learn even though I disagree with the person, who usually knows me not at all, I thought I had better double check. My thoughts till now are you cannot resent a person that means nothing to you and the past is but an interesting history to write about in my Chronicles of the Mexican Horse Thief. In order to see if one DOES carry resentment it is a good idea to find out exactly what resentment consists of; looking up the word is the best place to start.
Resentment plural: resentments 1. bitter indignation at having been treated unfairly. synonyms: bitterness, indignation, irritation, pique, displeasure, dissatisfaction, disgruntlement, discontentment, discontent, , bad feelings, hard feelings, ill feelings,  rancour, animosity, hostility, jaundice, antagonism, enmity, hatred, hate; envy, jealousy, malice, ill will, grudge, grievance.
Reading the synonyms I know every living person has had resentments, often!  I also believe it is necessary to have some of these towards certain people, places and things, and equally as important to not have a few towards anything.  Looking back at the original definition perhaps the word bitter is the key?  If any of the synonyms are combined with bitter one has a problem. Bitter relates to bile and bile makes one sick, so best do something about the bitter then. The word that links up with bitter/bile is jaundice as anyone that has had that sickness will know. Same with rancor, envy and jealousy.
In order to get rid of these one has to look at the situation, see it for what it really is and adopt an intellectual view of the thing causing the resentment. That will get rid of the bitterness, as bitterness, rancor, envy and jealousy are more emotional than intellectual. Last word in this group, malice. With out the bitterness it is impossible to act with malice. The rest? Indignation, irritation, pique, displeasure, dissatisfaction, disgruntlement, discontentment, discontent,  bad feelings, hard feelings, ill feelings,  animosity, hostility,  antagonism, enmity, hatred, hate, ill will, grudge, grievance. I have them all and no matter which Strange Classroom  tells me this is bad/evil and will do me no good; I shall always have some of them for some people and ALL of them for others.
If you think you are better than I, go hug a pedophile, a rapist, an ANC  president or any of his cadres, and be damned.

A compilation of my Strange Classrooms is soon to be released, please “Like” and  keep an eye on this page.
THE MEXICAN HORSE THIEF
Here is a story of developing and breaking an addiction, while dealing with Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome at the same time.
THE CHRONICLES OF THE MEXICAN HORSE THIEF II





Pay

No comments:

Post a Comment